The Survivor’s Guide to Colorado Wine Week
There are hundreds of people sipping wine at the Manitou Springs Colorado Wine Festival as we speak.
Tomorrow, Colorado Wine Week presented by Alpine Bank gets going in and around Denver. Here’s what you need to know to thrive during the biggest celebration of Colorado wine on the calendar.
1. There are nearly 50 different Colorado wine and food pairings for $20 or less at restaurants throughout the Front Range. Build a progressive dinner by hitting three spots on one evening or explore every night of the week. Here’s a full list of menus.
The list of restaurants includes:
- The Squeaky Bean
- The Famous Steakhouse
- Cool River Cafe
- Colt & Gray
2. We suggest taking at least one morning off of work to sleep in.
3. We kick off with the popular Farm-to-Turntable Keg Wine Party at the Infinite Monkey Theorem winery on June 1 in Denver. Five Colorado wineries will be on tap, and five great restaurants will be serving up delicious food. The ticket price includes food, one glass of wine, a commemorative and a donation to Heroes Like Us. Save $5 off the $25 ticket with promo code FOOD.
4. Colorado Urban Winefest on June 7 at Infinity Park in Glendale and is the best excuse to sample wines direct from the winemakers, and bring bottles home to fill up your cellar. There’s also plenty of chef demoes to keep your culinary side entertained. Save 10% off all tickets with promo code EMAIL.
5. More than 100 wineries, restaurants and businesses participate in Colorado Wine Week each year.
6. It appears Joe Hines mixes booze with wine better than anyone else. The head barman at the soon-to-open Terminal Bar in Union Station is the two-time defending champ at the Colorado Wine Cocktail Competition. He goes for No. 3 on June 4 at Green Russell. The competition is stiff with bar talent from the Green Russell, Colt & Gray, Ace, Williams & Graham and The Populist joining this year. Save $5 off the $15 ticket (includes one drink) with promo code COCKTAILS.
7. Colorado winemakers make good juice. The best will be on display at the Governor’s Cup Wine Mixer on June 6 at Hyatt Place Cherry Creek, featuring 10 of the top wines currently released in Colorado. The ticket includes a chance to meet the state’s top winemakers, samples of the award-winning wines, and food from Slotted Spoon and Bad Apple. Save $5 off the $25 ticket with promo code HICKENLOOPER.
8. Wineries from Denver, Boulder, Cortez, Palisade, Paonia and more will be in Denver this week.
9. We want to help you be safe, and arrive to events in style. Register with our partner Uber to get a $20 credit on their amazing black car, on demand service.
10. Colorado wine is better with friends. Bring ’em along.