Tasty risotto appetizer paired with Creekside Cellars Cab Franc
Creekside Cellars is a gem in the heart of the historic Evergreen. It’s a winery and intimate cafe rolled into one, meaning food and wine pairings are its business.
They offered up this tasty risotto app recipe, paired the Creekside’s 2010 Cabernet Franc Reserve.
Make it at home; tell us how it goes!
Risotto with Creekside Cellars 2010 Cabernet Franc Reserve and Milk Chocolate Dust
Serves 4-6 as an Appetizer
- 2 cups Acquerello, Carnaroli or Arborio rice
- 2 cups Creekside Cellars 2010 Cabernet Franc Reserve, plus 1/2 cup to finish risotto
- 3-4 cups hot chicken stock
- 2 large chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup unsalted whole butter
- 1/2 cup grated romano cheese
- Best quality, unsweetened Dutch process cocoa powder
- Maldon sea salt to taste
Sauté shallots in oil, add rice and stir to coat well. Add wine and stir until the wine is almost absorbed. Start adding broth 1 ladle at a time, (approximately 1/2 cup) and stir until absorbed over medium to medium high heat. Continue process until most of the broth is absorbed and rice is al dente, about 35 minutes.
Add remaining Cabernet Franc, butter and cheese, stir until well combined and creamy. Taste, correct seasoning and season with coarse sea salt.
Plate and top liberally with best quality Dutch process, unsweetened cocoa powder and enjoy with a glass of 2010 Cabernet Franc Reserve.
Created by Irene Boyd, January 2013