Colorado Wine Week 2014 pairings
Colorado Wine Week presented by Alpine Bank is filled with amazing wine-focused events — and you can explore the wine alongside some of the best flavors along the Front Range. From June 1-7, dozens of participating restaurants adding a small plate and glass of Colorado wine special to its menu for $20 or less.
Click on the tabs to explore menus in Denver, Boulder County, Colorado Springs and Ft. Collins.
Cap City Tavern
- Glazed Brussels Sprouts (Bacon Cherry Vinaigrette and crispy leeks) with The Infinite Monkey Theorem Riesling. $20
- Seared Beef Sliders (2) (Mozzarella, arugula, pickled onions, dijon) with The Infinite Monkey Theorem Syrah. $20
City O’ City
- Crimini Mushroom Crostini (sherry caramelized red onions, raspberry mead jam, truffle salt and micro cilantro) with Redstone Meadery Raspberry Mead. $14
Colt & Gray
- Choice of one charcuterie/cheese with the Ruby Trust Cellars 2011 “Fortune seeker” (Petit Verdot Blend). $20.
Eat + Drink
- Haystack Sunlight Goat Cheese with Two Rivers Winery flight (Chardonnay & Syrah). $12
- Shrimp ceviche (Marinated in lemon and lime juice, tossed with tomatoes, onions, garlic, pineapple and cilantro) with Sit.Stay. House White from BookCliff Vineyards. $15
- Specialty Fries (Bacon Mac & Cheese, Truffle, Buffalo, Green Chili or Thai Ginger) with Mesa Park Vineyards Barn Owl Red. $15
- Pastiche (tasting size portion of one of our most popular dishes made with layers of spicy meatballs and cheese tortellini baked with ragú and cinnamon custard, savory thyme crust) with Guy Drew 2011 Syrah. $20
- Duck Confit Tostada with Cottonwood Cellars 2008 Syrah. $20
- Beef Cheek with farm spring vegetables with Colterris Cabernet Sauvignon. $20
- Lemon Smoked Steelhead Trout Raaka with Colterris Cabernet Sauvignon Rose. $20
240 Union (Lakewood)
- Calamari Tempura (sweet chile ponzu, sugar snap peas, jalapeno) with Aspen Peak Cellars Riesling. $18
Bacco Trattoria (Littleton)
- Bruschette Duo: Avocado (avocado, goat cheese, red onion, sweet chili glaze) and Pomodoro (roma tomatoes, garlic, fresh basil, olive oil) with Guy Drew Unoaked Chardonnay. $13
- Grilled Duo: Carciofi (grilled artichoke, balsamic reduction, garlic aioli) and Scampetti (grilled shrimp, garlic herb infused olive oil) with Two Rivers Winery syrah. $13
Cool River Cafe (Greenwood Village)
- Chef’s Cheese and Charcuterie Plate with Cottonwood Cellars Classic Blend. $18
Creekside Cellars (Evergreen)
2012 Creekside Chardonnay paired with a rotating daily special:
- Appetizer: Organic Honeydew Melon wrapped in Prosciutto di Parma served with warm Hazelnut Crusted Goat Cheese Medallions and Toasted Brioche.
- Fish Entree: Seared Fresh Diver Scallops served over Sauteed Fresh Corn, Bourbon Bacon and Organic Baby Heirloom Tomato Medley
- Salad Entree: Grilled Organic Pineapple Slices, Toasted Coconut and Roasted Macadamia Nuts served over Heirloom Spinach, topped with shaved Old Rotterdam Aged Gouda, dressed with Apple Cider Vinaigrette, finished with Maldon Sea Salt.
- Dessert: Almond Shortbread-Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwich finished with Toasted Almonds and Caramel Swizzle
- PIzzetta Entree: Grilled White Pizzetta with Alfredo Sauce, Roasted Garlic, Seared Chicken, roasted Organic Baby Bok Choy, finished with Parmeggiano-Reggiano Shavings and Toasted Pine Nuts
- Salad Entree: Grilled Romaine with Soft Cooked Egg, Anchovy Crouton, dressed with Creamy Garlic-Goddess Vinaigrette and topped with Warm Brie Wedge
Jax Fish House (Glendale)
- Fried Calamari (mango-chili mojo, lime aioli) with Two Rivers Winery Riesling. $15
Kate’s Wine Bar (Littleton)
- Baked Brie (soaked in brown sugar and aged tawny port craisins and pecans) with Canyon Wind Cellars 47-Ten White. $20
Simms Steakhouse (Lakewood)
- Lemon Curd (fresh fruit tarte with blackberry pate du fruite and a white chocolate tuille) with The Olathe Winery 2011 White Lemberger. $18
Chautauqua Dining Hall
- Smoke Beef Brisket with Mesa Park Vineyards Cabernet Sauvingon.
- Warm almond encrusted goat cheese salad withTwo Rivers “Chateau Deux Fleuves” Chardonnay.
- Beat salad with 2013 Infinite Money Theorem Rosé. $20
- Pasture raised beef carpaccio with 2012 Infinite Monkey Theorem Syrah. $20
Food at the Riverside
- Chef Selection Charcuterie with Jack Rabbit Hill Petit Verdot/Merlot blend. $20
- Japanese Pork Belly (slow braised with Stilton) with Infinite Monkey Theorem Cabernet Franc. $17
- Teton Waters Ranch Steak Tartare (capers, horseradish, Rogue Farm fresh eggs, shallots, toast points and Oxford Farms Arugula) with BookCliff Vineyards red blend.
West End Tavern
- Smoked Housemade Chicken Sausage (baby cilantro, pickled fresno and apple) with Redstone Meadery Pinot Pyment Honey Wine. $18
Zeal — Food for Enthusiasts
- Grilled Colorado Asparagus (cashew cheese, charred tomato, lemon essential oil vinaigrette) with The Infinite Monkey Theorem Winery Chardonnay. $15
2South Wine Bar
- Lamb Porchetta (Rosemary Bacon, wilted spinach, cold lamb jus) with Colterris Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Oysters Rockefeller Olathe Winery Chardonnay. $19
- Charred Applewood Smoked Wisconsin Pork Belly Vino Salida Cuvee Rouge. $17
- Classic Alpine Cheese Fondue with Colterris Coral Cabernet Sauvignon. $18
- Bison Carpaccio with TAPAteria Tempranillo ( made and bottled by Bookcliff Vineyards out of Boulder CO). $16
- Seared Lamb Chops (Raspberry-Syrah Gastrique and Candied Jalapeños) with The Winery at the Holy Cross Abbey Syrah. $18
- Tuna Tartare (Pickled Onions, Tarragon-Ginger Emulsion and Crispy Herbs) with The Winery at the Holy Cross Abbey Chardonnay. $18
More coming soon!
- Ahi Tun Stackers with Infinite Monkey Theorem Riesling. $18
- d’Vine Burger Sliders (2) with Infinite Monkey Theorem Petite Verdot. $18
- Crispy Skin Pork Belly atop Gruyere Grit Cakes drizzled with Caramelized Shallot Gastrique with BookCliff Vineyards Zinfandel. $12
- Herb-Crusted Colorado Ribeye with Grilled Steak Fries and Asparagus, finished with Vidalia Onion Jus with BookCliff Vineyards Malbec. $20
- Flan topped with Tart Cherry Compote and Mint Sugar with BookCliff Vineyards Muscat. $10
The Welsh Rabbit
- House cured Lamb Bacon chapati with fresh buffalo mozzarella with Ten Bear’s R Ten Bear’s River Red. $15