Colorado Wine Cocktail Competition 2014 recipes
Robert Corbari topped an impressive field of Denver bartenders to take home the crown at the third annual Colorado Wine Cocktail Competition at the Green Russell.
Try making his drink at home (or any of the other magnificent Colorado wine cocktails featured during the 2014 Colorado Wine Week presented by Alpine Bank event).
By Robert Corbari, The Populist
- 2 oz. Creekside Cellars WTF Cinsaut blend
- 3/4 oz. Home made cola syrup
- 1/2 oz. Lemon juice
- 1/4 oz. Braulio amaro
- 1 dash orange bitters
Shake ingredients, and double fine strain over ice. Then top with a soda (infused with lemon balm, lemon grass stalk, and pink pepper corns). Garnish with an orange twist wrapped around a fresh stalk of lemon grass.
By Rae Raymond, Ace
- 3 oz. BookCliff Vineyards Cabernet Franc
- 1 oz. Buffalo Trace Bourbon Whiskey
- 3/4 oz. Leopold Bros Rocky Mountain Peach Liquor
- 1/4 oz. Dram Allspice
- 1 Asian Pear
- Lemon peel
In a mixing glass, muddle 3/4 pear. Add wine, bourbon, peach liquor, dram. Top with ice & stir for 30 seconds or 40 revolutions. Fill tall Collins glass with regularly sized, cube ice. Double strain over glass. Express lemon oil over glass. Garnish with 3 thin slices of Asian pear.
Apple Blossom Swizzle
By Kevin Burke of Ste. Ellie and Colt and Gray
- 2 oz winery of Winery at Holy Cross Abbey Apple Blossom wine
- 1/2 oz Rhum Agricole
- 1/2 oz fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz Falernum
- 1 oz Pressed Pineapple Juice
Build ingredients in a tall Collins glass and fill with crushed ice. Swizzle ingredients to chill and dilute. Top with crushed ice and garnish with 3d peychaud’s Bitters, Pineapple Leafs, Straw
By Joe Hines, Terminal Bar
- 1.5 oz The Infinite Monkey Theorem Riesling
- .5 oz IMT Late Harvest Orange Moscato
- 1 oz. Coconut Milk
- .5 oz Simple Syrup
- .25 oz Lemon Juice
- 2 Slices of Kiwi Muddled
- 1 Egg White
- 1 Dash Angostura Bitters
- Topped with IMT Back Alley Sparkling White Wine
- Kiwi Slice, Fresh Grated Cinnamon and Aromas of Orange for garnish
Muddle kiwi, add Riesling, moscato, lemon juice, egg white, angostura bitters. Dry shake. Add coconut milk and simple syrup. Shake with ice. Double strain into a Collins glass. Top with Back Alley sparkling white. Zest orange peel over the top and discard. Grate fresh cinnamon on top and garnish with kiwi slice.
by Adam Hodak, Green Russell
- 3 oz Kingman Estates Winery Riesling
- .75 oz verjus blanc
- .5 oz honey chamomille
- .5 oz peach street pear brandy
- Crushed ice, metal cup, orange twist, orange flower water/gin spritz.
Combine ingredients, serve with crushed ice in a metal cup. Garnish with orange twist.
Vin’ de Finz
by Jason Patz, Williams & Graham
- 2.5 oz. Mesa Park Vineyards Viognier
- .5 oz. lemon juice
- .5 oz. Simple Syrup (1:1)
- 2 orange moons
- 1 oz. Mesa Park Finz Dessert wine
- Garnish Oramge moon Raspberries and a Mint sprig
Muddle 2 orange Half moons in in the bottom of a tin then add 2.5 oz. of Mesa Park Viognier , then add .5 oz Fresh Lemon juice, .5 oz 1:1 simple syrup shake and double strain over crushed ice in a wine glass then float 1 oz. Of mesa park Finz dessert wine on top and Granish with an orange moon and a few raspberries and one large mint sprig.
Learn more about Colorado Wine Week.